Board of Directors Job Descriptions
- Chief Executive of Organization.
- Responsible for chairing General Meetings, Board Meetings and other miscellaneous meetings.
- Responsible for smooth running of the league and ensuring that all Board members are performing their jobs adequately.
- Responsible for smooth functioning of all home TYSL soccer games. This includes inspecting fields for safety, making sure goals are anchored, and monitoring appropriate coaching and parental conduct. These functions can be delegated but are the ultimate responsibility of the president.
- Assist the President in performing his/her duties.
- Hear complaints from parents when not given a good answer from the President.
- Cover TYSL meetings when President not present.
- The VP role will take on the responsibility of developing players in the league by instituting training for coaches/players.
- Responsible for managing league's finances and annual reports.
- Maintain records of all players for Taunton Youth Soccer using the GotSoccer website database
- Check the post office box regularly
- Respond to all questions that arrive in our email@example.com mailbox or direct to appropriate individuals
- Coordinate fall & spring online registration
- Coordinate with the Taunton Public Schools on getting flyers to schools regarding registration
- Submit player/adults registrations to Mass Youth Soccer
- Obtain field permits for practice and games through the park and recreation
- Obtain insurance binders through Mass Youth Soccer when needed
- Coordinate picture day with the photographer
- Order raffles books for fall registration
- Build teams in the GotSoccer database and solicit coaches for every team
- Responsible for chairing all travel meetings
- Represents TYSL at all SCSL (South Coast Soccer League) meetings
- Coordinates tryout dates/times
- Assists in the registrations of players
- Manages all team packets to be turned in to the SCSL registrar
- Schedules all the spring home games
- Keeps accurate minutes of all meetings and distributes recap meeting notes
- Responsible for the upkeep and files for the league
- Responsible for purchasing all uniforms and equipment needed by the league
- Promote the game of soccer through learning programs.
- Coordinate player clinics
- Coordinator coaches clinics and courses
- Opens field prior to games, by opening the trailer and getting the field ready for play
- Maintain the field and make sure rules are followed by all