Fall Recreational League 2019
Taunton Youth Soccer's Fall Recreational League strives to offer children a fun and developmental environment to play soccer, while also learning fundamental skills of the game and teamwork.
- Pre-K and K division: This is TYS's only coed division. Teams in the Pre-K/K division will play in a 4v4 format on Sunday afternoons. There will be a 20-30 minute practice followed by a 20-30 minute game. There are no practices during the week for this age group.
- 1st/2nd grade division: Teams will play in a 5v5 format with goalies on Sunday afternoons. There will be a 20-30 minute practice followed by a 30-40 minute game. New for 2019, there will be a Monday night group training session for this age group.
- 3rd/4th/5th grade division: Teams will play in a 7v7 or 8v8 format and will play on Saturdays. There will be a Tuesday night group training session for this age group and an optional practice at the coach's discretion.
- 6th/7th/8th grade division: Teams will play in a 9v9 format and will play on Saturdays. Practices for this age group will be at the coach's discretion.
The program will consist of of an 8-game season beginning Sept. 7 and 8, with no games on Columbus Day weekend. We will have All Star games in the 1st through 8th grade divisions.
- Players must turn 4 years old by 8/31/2019
- Players through 8th grade for the 2019/2020 school year
Registration fees include a book of raffle tickets which can then be sold to offset the registration cost. Money from sold raffle tickets will be kept by the parent/guardian. Raffle ticket entry stubs are then entered into Taunton Youth Soccer's annual raffle. Winners will be postedon our Web site and on social media. Note that if all raffle tickets are sold, the registration course will be covered.
We also offer family discounts. Here are our registration costs:
- $130: 1 child
- $210: 2 children
- $265: 3 children or more
Games are played at the Myricks Complex, 290 Myricks St., East Taunton. Martin Middle School, 131 Caswell St., East Taunton, will be used if needed.
- Shin-pads are required
- Soccer cleats are recommended (softball cleats are not allowed due to safety concerns)
- Players are also encouraged to bring their own ball (size 3, 4 or 5)
- Jewelry may not be worn during the fall program for safety reasons. This includes earrings - even newly pierced ears
- All players will be provided with a shirt and soccer socks