Fall Recreational League
Taunton Youth Soccer's Fall Recreational League strives to offer children a fun and developmental environment to play soccer, while also learning fundamental skills of the game and teamwork.
2016*, 2015,2014, 2013: This is TYS's only coed division. Teams in the Pre-K/K division will participate in a clinic style format on Sunday afternoons. There will be a 20-30 minute practice followed by a 20-30 minute game. There are no practices during the week for this age group.
2012, 2011,& 2010: Teams will play in a 5v5 or 7v7 format and will play on Saturdays. We will have a 45 min training prior to the game which will follow the training. (This will be a 2.0 hour block of time)
2009, 2008, 2007 and 8th graders born in 2006**: Teams will play in a 7v7 or 9v9 format and will play on Saturdays. We will have a 45 min training prior to the game which will follow the training. (This will be a 2.0 hour block of time)
The program will consist of of a 6-game season beginning Sept. 19 and 20, with no games on Columbus Day weekend.
- *Players should turn 4 years old by 9/13/2020
- **Players through 8th grade for the 2020/2021 school year; 9th graders are not eligible
Registration fee is $130 and will include a book of raffle tickets which can then be sold to offset the registration cost. Money from sold raffle tickets will be kept by the parent/guardian. Raffle ticket entry stubs are then entered into Taunton Youth Soccer's annual raffle with $2,500 in cash prizes. Winners will be posted on our Facebook page and mailed checked by November 8. Note that if all raffle tickets are sold, the registration fee will be covered for the player. Parents and guardians can also choose to write their own names on the ticket stubs and enter them in the raffle.
TYS offers family discounts. Here are our registration costs:
- $130: 1 child
- $210: 2 children
- $265: 3 children or more
Games are played at the Myricks Complex, 290 Myricks St., East Taunton. Myricks features a concession stand which offers an assortment of beverages and snacks. Martin Middle School, 131 Caswell St., East Taunton, will be used if needed.
- All players will be provided with a jersey and soccer socks (shorts are NOT provided)
- Shin guards are required
Masks are required
- Soccer cleats are recommended (note softball and football cleats are not allowed due to safety concerns)
- Players are also encouraged to bring their own ball (either size 3, 4 or 5 depending on age group)
- Jewelry may not be worn during the fall program for safety reasons - this includes earrings (even newly pierced ears)
- Players are not allowed to wear hoodies during the games (due to safety concerns)
- Players are encouraged to bring a water bottle