Taunton Youth Soccer and New England Navigators Partnership
TYS and the NE Navigators have developed an initial plan for helping children receive the best possible soccer experience.
The new joint program offers a number of things not available at other clubs:
- Community environment to play and learn together
- Support and training from professionals in the game
- Opportunities to play Club and still play with friends
- Pragmatic, cost sensitive approach
For more information about our upcoming programs, click here.
More about the types of experiences:
- Club Level Soccer: For the player that is looking for and needs a higher level of player development, with a professional level of licensed coaching staff. The competition level is more challenging and requires a more dedicated approach to training and games. Club level soccer teams compete on a statewide level and compete to qualify for Regional and National Championships. The travel will usually vary from 20 minutes to an hour. Although costs for many Club programs can be quite high, through the partnership with TYS and Navigators the cost is greatly reduced. Club soccer requires a commitment of both Fall and Spring play, and offers an optional winter program.
- Spring Town Travel: For the player who excels in Fall League and is looking for a more competitive environment against other towns in the South Coast area. The commitment level and expectations are more than you find in the recreational program but remain reasonably flexible, with travel ranging from as close as the surrounding towns of Norton and Dighton, to as far away as Cape Cod and the Islands.
- Fall Recreational League: Open to all levels of players from beginners, to more advanced players just looking to have fun with friends and classmates in a city wide competition. All games are played in Taunton. Players compete for the City championship, but the commitment and expectations are much more relaxed and are geared towards friendly competition among peers.